You know that douche-bag boss of yours? The one that makes you pick up papers off the floor of his office? The one that shows you his personal photos of his “exercise transformation“? The one that sends you lude instant message jokes?
Yeah, him. Let’s do something about him.
Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 defines it as occurring “when one employee makes continued, unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature, to another employee against his or her wishes.” Here’s what may constitute harassment:
1. Unwanted jokes, gestures, offensive words on clothing and unwelcome comments and repartee
2. Touching and any other bodily contact such as patting a coworker’s back, grabbing an employee around the waist, or interfering with an employee’s ability to move
3. Repeated requests for dates that are turned down, or unwanted flirting
4. Transmitting or posting e-mails or pictures of a sexual or degrading nature
5. Displaying sexually suggestive objects, pictures or posters
6. Playing sexually suggestive music
So, let’s not let this fucker get away with it anymore. File a charge with the Federal Sector of the Equal Employment Opportunity Complaints Division under Title 7 of the Civil Rights Act. You have every right to work in a safe environment. Sexual Harassment is NOT an option.
This Public Service Announcement was brought to you by the Concerned Bloggers Association. If you would like to become involved, please contact Marleen Vaughan for more information.