Top 10 Life Tips!
So I have been working quietly on putting together a TOP 10 list of helpful life hints. Some of these are stuff around the house, others are for your body, and others are for the Zombie Apocalypse time. You know, stuff you should know just in case the shit goes down and you’re flying solo.
1. Baby Wipes. I know we all know about these… but have you ever thought of using them for your ADULT butt? Honestly, this isn’t something people like to talk about – but baby wipes really are much more tender on the ol’ bottom. Try it, and you’ll never go back to just toilet paper.
2. Yogurt. Recently, I had the flu of all flu’s. I was literally sitting on the toilet and vomiting into a bucket at the same time. It was fucking horrifying. My naturapathic doctor told me that when things settle down, to eat some yogurt. You see, your system gets FLUSHED of all the good bacteria in it during the illness. Eating the yogurt helps bring back some of those helpful bacteria and regulate your body again.
3. Smelly Kitchen Sink. I’ve seen chicks put lemon down their sinks to try and mask the smells coming from their kitchen sinks. The easiest way to kill that funky smell – BLEACH. Pour 1/2 cup of bleach down the sink and smells go bye-bye.
4. Hard Water Stains. Ever buy those brain cell killers bathroom tub cleaners? They are filled with all sorts of crazy chemicals that who knows what it would do to your skin if you ever touched them. Why not just try rubbing alcohol? Alcohol is an astringent and the hard water stains will just disappear. Plus the smell is much more manageable.
5. Full Body Aches After a Long Day. I’ve just started a career in the field of nursing, so I understand full body aches after a long day. The point where you are so tired, you sorta wanna cry – but that would take too much effort. Well, how about a long hot bath! Pour yourself a bath, add 1 cup of Epsom salts and 1/2 cup of baking soda. Soak for 20 minutes, and do not get the water on your face (it will dry it out). This combination will relieve all that join tension your body has built up while you’ve been working. It does wonders!
6. Acne. This I picked up in college. I had this HUGE mother of god fucking zit on my face. My friend took one look at me, and brought me to the pharmacy to buy some Neosporin. Within two days, it was gone and I had been suffering with this on my face for a week and half. The point is treat the acne like they are wounds. Put a triple antibiotic ointment on them at night, and you’ll see them lessen as soon as you wake up in the morning.
7. Evil Gum. Gum is totally evil. If you’ve ever gotten some in your hair or on your rug… especially. Here’s a trick for getting it out without have to pull out the scissors: butter. Butter breaks down the chemical composition of the gum and you can work it right out of whatever it’s stuck too. You can even use Peanut Butter in a pinch, but it might stain some carpets depending on color.
8. Newspaper. I learned this in my anthropology class, which is perfect for the Zombie Apocalypse. If you ever get a huge gaping wound, and have nothing CLEAN or STERILE to cover it with… use newspaper. Newspaper is amazingly sterile because no one touches the ink. The ink, itself, is made of vegetable oil and completely harmless. Overall it’s a win-win if you’re trying to keep a wound clean until you get to the hospital.
9. Shew Fly! Sometimes in the summer our kitchen can develop gnats. We have a full garden on our property and believe in composting. So, mix the two and get some pests. A trick we picked up was leaving a little jar half full of apple cider. They love apple cider. Then putting some tin foil over it. You poke holes into the tin foil and before you know it – the gnats go in and don’t get out. They end up drowning in their gluttony. There is something metaphorical in that and if I were a smarter person I would be able to make the analogy.
10. Alternative Sugar. This is something I completely LIVE by.. Agave. Agave is a plant that tequila is made from, but it is also naturally very sweet. Unlike sugar, honey and other natural (and unnatural) sweeteners – it doesn’t have to be processed by your pancreas. This is a good thing for diabetics. You can supplement agave in recipes, your coffee or tea, and even put it on your cereal. It is a much better choice for your body and a lot less work!
Yeah. so there you have it. Ten items I have done in my life and have worked effectively. It’s kooky to think of what some people pick up in their lives, but it is also awesome to share with others. If you have more tips, let me know! I’m always open ears.
skin: MAR Creativity Studio. Milk Skin Jill 01 (Jack or Jill Hunt)
eyes: Epic. Liquorice. (Jack or Jill Hunt)
hair: TuTy’s. Extremist. Volumn Hairstyle. Smokey Black
top: LouLou & Co. Sweat. Johnny (Jack or Jill Hunt)
pants: Sakide. Linen Harem Pants. Black
shoes: Baby Monkey. Ultimate Roxie. Black
jewelry: Uzuri. Chura Bracelet, Furaha Bangle, Kipepeo Necklace, and Sunflower Ring